The COMPOSTA is a drum on rollers that allows you to conveniently and efficiently convert organic waste into compost:
- It has a sliding door for adding waste. The door is pet and pest proof – even to baboons and children!
- Odors are kept to a minimum due to the aerobic nature of the composting process. Aeration is carried out by turning the COMPOSTA once or twice a day; each time fresh material is added.
- Compost production is far quicker than in a conventioanl compost pile due the aerobic conditions created by frequent mixing. Heat and moisture are also retained, which helps speed up the process.
- The COMPOSTA drum is easily removed from its base and moved to wherever the compost is needed in the garden.
- It is made from robust and durable materials.
The COMPOSTA is made from recycled materials which are locally sourced and assembled to:
- Minimize its carbon footprint; both in terms of transport and fabrication.
- Minimise harmful emissions caused by energy consumption and production of plastics.
- Create employment opportunities in low income communities.